When not praising Ms Larkin’s performance, many people have asked me why I chose this particular piano music.

My inspiration in selecting the material came from the book, Jane Austen and Mozart: Classical Equilibrium in Fiction and Music by Robert K. Wallace. The chapter called Pride and Prejudice and Piano Concerto no. 9 was the nod to start the audio off with an excerpt from that concerto. It matched the material and first opening lines perfectly. Great minds think alike and Mozart and Austen were very much in sync structurally. The music, played by Sarah Edelstein and recorded at BMA, is extremely moving and adds a rich component to Alison’s wonderful narration.

In many ways Jane Austen is operatic and this audio comes the closest of all them to presenting that. Excerpts extracted from other Mozart piano concertos used in chapter segues give the listener a chance to hear Mozart gems they’ve possibly never heard before. That is part of the many offerings of this audio.

- Jason Brown, BMA Studios

From Jane Austen and Mozart:

“The action of volume 1 of Pride and Prejudice is intense and playful, complex and quick-paced. Volume 2 is slower in pace and deeper in emotion. Volume 3 returns to the quick-paced action of volume 1 but is more relaxed in structure.

The first movement of K. 271 (Piano Concerto No. 9) is an intensely playful and quick-paced Allegro. The second movement is slower in tempo and deeper in emotion. The third movement returns to the high spirits and quick temp of the opening movement but is more relaxed in structure, including a ’surprise minuet.’

“K. 271 has even more affinities with Pride and Prejudice than most Mozart concertos do. Those affinities are emotional and spiritual as well as structural. Broadly speaking, the mood of each work is happy-sad-happy in the successive volumes or movement.”

Comments

06/08/2015 3:29am

I'm able to point out your internet site is commonly remarkable. Not simply the product or service offered me personally with particulars but possesses available me individually success i is endeavoring to track down.

09/04/2015 2:06am

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen is timeless. Though set in the early century, the actuations of the characters ring true of our modern society. Add Mozart’s Piano Concert No. 9 and you have a great combination that brings the readers of the Austen classic to early life in England. It is no wonder schools continue to use the classic as an important material in its literature discourse.

12/26/2015 9:05am

We can listen to the different kind of music in church during the time of prayer. Sometimes we feel very happy and feel that God is watching us and listening to us.

04/03/2016 7:34am

And the night shall be filled with music,And the cares that infest the day Shall fold their tents like the Arabs And as silently steal away.

04/14/2016 7:09am

Hope to get a copy of the Music of the Pride and Prejudice 200th anniversary Audiobook because i love the old music as it is soft and best.

04/18/2016 8:53am

I am also looking for a copy of The Music of the Pride and Prejudice. As my dad love these type of music things. Thanks for sharing.

05/12/2016 11:47am

I love these type of music e books as it help to understand the history of music as well as traditional way of playing music. Thanks for sharing resources.

05/23/2016 9:22am

Desire to get a duplicate of the Songs of the Pleasure and Tendency 200th birthday Audio book because i really like the old music as it is smooth and best.

06/02/2016 5:34am

I really like these type of songs e books as it help to comprehend the record of songs as well as conventional way of enjoying songs.

06/15/2016 2:15am

Wish to get a replica of the Songs of the Satisfaction and Propensity 200th wedding Audiobook because i really like the old music as it is soft and best.

06/16/2016 10:59pm

Nice to read this blog. Good blog and fantastic work. I like this musical blog and the information you shared is awesome. Learn guitar music and also buy best quality guitar pedals.

06/17/2016 10:00am

You might want to check out Chris Broderick he's not that popular, but his piano ratings are basically gorgeous. Dario Marianelli is the musician for the P&P soundtrack, so you can examine out some other films he's done the soundtrack for such as Antonement,

06/22/2016 3:29am

I am also looking for a duplicate of The Songs ebook. As my dad really like these kind of music factors. Thanks for discussing.

08/21/2016 8:33am

Great information here thanks for sharing with us.

09/08/2016 3:28am

This portion is identified with piece creating activities are in sureness uncommon for me as I am writer. Remarkable Thank You the creator of the online diary keeps it up.

Everyone's life such an expansive number of times comes to when he doesn't pick what isn't right and what is right. If you educated and consider that, that time you will take arrange snappy and incredible decision. So I think its principal parts of life.

09/10/2016 1:40pm

Read on to learn more about car amplifiers and their role in your car audio system. Article about different models and uses.

10/08/2016 6:25am

I am also looking for a replica of The Songs e-book. As my dad really like these type of music ebooks and they have a great collection of these type of ebooks.

12/26/2016 8:26am

03/15/2017 10:45pm

03/23/2017 2:21am

What do you look for when you go out to buy your own karaoke system? There are huge variations in features, styles, and price in the many types of karaoke equipment on the market today. Here are some important things to look for in your search.

04/13/2017 12:24am

As a Keyboard Player who cannot play Guitar, I have in the past written about how to create a more realistic Guitar sounds and solos when playing live. However, where this may produce a slightly more realistic sound for live work,

05/01/2017 9:50am

Good work by the blog writer! such a nice and informative article keep sharing more articles.